We are making some bold new changes to our VISA CREDIT card program that will bring long term benefits to you. We are bringing your credit union card information "in-house!" This means all information about all your South Bay accounts will be centrally located and that will open up a number of new features.
On Monday, January 14, 2013, you will be able to log in to our home banking site, “It’s Me 247” at www.sbcu.org and see your credit card balance, credit limit, payment amount online. Your credit card number, PIN/CVV, expiration date, rate and purchasing power of VISA will remain the same.
Loads of New Features
Because your VISA is “in-house” you will now have all our services available to conveniently manage your VISA credit card. Here are some of the new features for your VISA Credit Card you can explore through our home banking site, “It’s Me 247”:
- Access VISA Credit Card information with your computer 24x7
- See transaction and balance history real time, anytime
- Sign up for mobile banking to:
- Get real time balances
- Make Payments
- Take a Cash Advance (cash advance terms apply)
- Download our iPhone or Android APP to conveniently access mobile banking
- Sign up for Text banking to get real time balances
- Sign up for eAlerts to set payment due alerts
- Easily set up automatic payments from savings, checking and other SBCU accounts
- Easily make cash advances (cash advance terms apply) and extra payments to/from other SBCU accounts
- Be a little greener with e-Statements - If you are already signed up for e-Statements your VISA statement will now be online too!
And, we are rolling out some other exciting services too including:
- Personalized PIN for ATM access (Currently only available in branch)
- Make credit card payments at our Shared Branching locations www.cuswirl.com
We are giving you a payment vacation during the January cycle. After your January 7th payment, there will not be another payment due until February 28th. Of course, if you desire to pay your payment early, you can do that anytime on our home banking site, “It’s Me 247.”
New Payment Address
It is very important that if you pay your bill with another financial institution’s bill payment provider or have your bill set up to mail automatically, you must update the address to: South Bay Credit Union, 2304 Artesia Blvd., Redondo Beach, CA 90278. Your account number stays the same. (THE TAMPA, FL ADDRESS IS NO LONGER VALID AND PAYMENTS MADE TO THE TAMPA, FL ADDRESS WILL DELAY YOUR PAYMENT FROM BEING MADE IN A TIMELY MANNER AND LATE CHARGES COULD APPLY.)
Thank you for allowing us to serve you!
We are very excited to bring you new features and benefits as part of our commitment to bring real value to our member-owners. Thank you for participating in your credit union and using our products and services. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us at SBCU@southbaycu.com or (310) 374-3436.
NOTE: Changes only apply to CREDIT Cards, your SBCU Debit Card remains the same.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
VISA Credit Card Changes 1/14/13
Will my Credit Card Number Change?
No. Your credit card number will remain the same. Merchants and vendors on re-occurring payments do not need to be notified. This transition will be transparent to them.
Will my Credit Card Rate?
No. Your credit card interest rate will not change.
Will my CVV or card expiration date change?
No. Your CVV and expiration date will remain the same. Merchants and vendors on re-occurring payments do not need to be notified. This transition will be transparent to them.
Will my PIN number change?
No. Your credit card PIN number will not change.
Will my Credit Card statement cycle change?
Yes. Your Credit Card Statement will now be issued at the end of the month, on a calendar month instead of the middle of the month on a roving cycle. Your new payment date will be the 28th day of each month. For example on January 31st your statement will be produced and your first payment will be due on February 28th. On February 28th, your next statement will be produced with a payment due on March 28th. Please Note: for this first statement, we are extending the statement period and first payment due date. The period of transactions for your first statement will be from December 14, 2012 to January 31, 2013. The next payment due date will be February 28th.
Will my Credit Card Due Date change?
Yes. Your new payment date will be the 28th day of each calendar month. For example on January 31st your statement will be produced and your first payment will be due on February 28th. On February 28th, your next statement will be produced with a payment due on March 28th. Please Note: for this first statement, we are extending the statement period and first payment due date. The period of transactions for your first statement will be from December 14, 2012 to January 31, 2013. The next payment due date will be February 28th.
How do I check my card information online?
The way you access information on your card has changed. EZCardAccess will no longer be active after 1/10/13. You will now access all credit card information on the SBCU home banking site “It’s Me 247.” When viewing your accounts on “It’s Me 247” you will find your Credit Card account under the “Loans” section labeled “Credit Card”. When viewing the loan information you can
· Choose to look at the “Account Detail” (view transactions included dates, merchants, transaction amounts with running balances)
· Make a payment to your credit card from one of your SBCU savings or checking accounts
· Print a loan coupon to mail in a payment for your Visa Card.
· You can also transfer money from your credit card to your savings and checking account should you need the funds. Transferring money from your Visa Card to another account would be considered a “Cash Advance” and you will be charged a finance charge from the date of your transfer, plus a 2% cash advance fee.
Can I still use EZCard to View my account information?
No. EZCard will no longer be accessible after the card conversion. If you are using EZCard for your Credit Card Payments, they will no longer post. You can set up your transfer from your SBCU accounts on-line on “It’s Me 247”. You can also view your transaction history “real time” on-line.
Can I get my Credit Card information through CUTalk Telephone Banking?
Yes. CUTalk will provide balance and transaction information as well as the payment due date and amount.
Can I access my Credit Card account through Mobile Banking and Text Banking?
Yes. Visit our website at sbcu.org/mobile for details. We have APPS for the iPhone and for Android. We also have an ATM locater should you need to find one.
Can I access my Credit Card account through Text Banking?
Yes. Visit our website at sbcu.org/mobile for details. Through text banking, you can get the current balance or sign up for e-Alerts for a reminder when your payment is due.
How will I get my credit card statement?
You will either have your statement mailed to you or, if you are currently receiving e-statements, your credit card statement will be available on-line. Along with your account statement, you will receive an email when the statements are ready. The e-Statement for the credit card is located in the same area, under a separate tab.
How do I make my payment to my Visa Account?
There are several convenient ways to make your payment.
1. Mail. If you receive your statement in the mail you can mail in your payment with the coupon attached to the address on the statement.
2. Online. You can go www.sbcu.org and log on to our online banking site, “It’s Me 247.” From there you can transfer a payment from another SBCU account or print a loan coupon to mail the payment.
3. In Person. Come into one of our Branch offices and make your payment in person.
4. Telephone. Call our member service center at (310) 374-3436 and have your payment transferred from your other SBCU account.
5. Bill Pay from another Financial Institution. If you are having your SBCU Credit Card paid from another financial institution’s on-line banking product – Be sure to have the banking address changed to South Bay Credit Union, 2304 Artesia Blvd., Redondo Beach, CA 90278. Your account number stays the same. (THE TAMPA, FL ADDRESS IS NO LONGER VALID AND PAYMENTS MADE TO THE TAMPA, FL ADDRESS WILL DELAY YOUR PAYMENT FROM BEING MADE IN A TIMELY MANNER AND LATE CHARGES COULD APPLY.)
New Payment Address
South Bay Credit Union, 2304 Artesia Blvd., Redondo Beach, CA 90278